As my treat for the week we planned to have breakfast at From Scratch Patisserie This stall appears every weekend at the markets plus they have a pop up stall at Leigh street on Fridays. Having read plenty of reviews online I was looking forward to trying out this place. Everything looked amazing, and we both had difficulty deciding what to get, in the end I had the ugly raspbettie (one of the more well known items) and hubby had a vanilla custard filled croissant. We also got a macaron each, golden gaytime and a rocky road. In all honesty I haven't had a croissant since before my surgeries in 2011, and only because when I was having gall bladder/Sphincter of Oddi attacks some of them were straight after eating a chocolate croissant ( I ate way too much junk then, croissants were considered an everyday snack item, not a special occasion item like now). I've been hesitant to have pastry since because of the fat content, as high fat foods can still trigger an attack for me. The ugly raspbettie was a flaky croissant like pastry with custard and raspberry, and it was amazing. It was just the right size to satisfy my desire for an off-road without going crazy, was fresh and unique and probably one of the best pastries I've ever had. Hubby raved about the croissant as well, and was asking if we could come again the following week. Best of all... no attack. The stall workers were super friendly as well which was nice. The macarons were yummy, both me and hubby are really starting to enjoy trying macarons at different places., especially unique flavours like the golden gaytime which was super caramelly. The rocky road was just like eating pink marshmallows.
If your at the markets, or in Leigh Street definitely pick something up from these guys but get in early as they sell out! Everything looks amazing, I don't think you could go wrong with any of the items. As a bonus they are a local business making great local food, most worth making an exception to paleo for. The rest of my day was super paleo, plenty of fresh veg and a chicken/pork muffin and I didn't feel to bad the next day which was nice :)
![]() |
Ugly Raspbettie and Vanilla Custard Crossaint![]() |


Thanks! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.urbanspoon.com/br/336/11097/Adelaide/Prettified-Paleo.html
Best,
Greg
www.urbanspoon.com
--
greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com