Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Cocolat Henley Beach

A new Cocolat had opened at Henley beach, and I've dropped in a few times and enjoyed some really nice takeaway cappuccino's over the last week and a half. Today I took a friend down for morning tea and was able to actually sit and enjoy the beautiful new restaurant as well as some sugary goodness. Cocolat as a chain has really undergone a re branding, the dessert range is much bigger and the cabinet has a much nicer looking selection of cakes then on past visits. Today I was able to get myself a slice of cake from the amazing Raw Karma. I've previously eaten her cakes at Bliss Organic Cafe, and they are seriously one of the absolute best vegan cakes I have had. On this occasion I had the choc mint, it had a smooth and creamy texture with a strong mint flavouring and a rich chocolate layer, in all honesty I might even say I prefer these cakes over a 'real' cheesecake (not to mention they are 100% paleo with no grain, no dairy and no soy). I cannot sing high enough praises for Cocolate for offering a really tasty vegan option in their stores. My cappuccino was just as nice as the other occasions, not too strong, good balance of foamy milk and coffee and at a perfect drinking temperature.


This store has a really nice vibe to eat in, very elegant yet casual. I've had a good chat with a couple of the staff and they've all been super friendly and helpful (especially when I was querying ingredients in their food and syrups). The coffee and food has been delicious and they are certainly a great new addition to the Henley Square Precinct.

Cocolat on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment