Beautiful sunny days last week meant I could ride my bike to an appointment I had on King William Road, however I underestimated my bike riding speed/ability and ended up there 50 minutes early so off to try the infamous
Red Door Bakery it was! Given it was late afternoon it was pretty quiet and there wasn't much left to choose from, but I only had eyes for either the creme brulee tart or salted caramel brick... and luckily for me both were still available! Given I had a little bit of a chocolate craving happening I went with the caramel brick and I am super glad I did. This little cakey bar of awesome was made up of a moist chocolate cake with a gooey caramel centre, enrobed in a thick creamy and smooth chocolate dusted with salt. It was bakery heaven, with the perfect balance of cake/caramel/chocolate so that none of the flavours or textures were too much, plus it was a really nice size which left me feeling satisfied but not overpowered by the richness of the flavours.

I was really impressed with this cake, and the girl who served me was friendly and chirpy. I will definitely be heading back to sample out some of their savoury range...plus I don't think I will have sufficiently experienced Red Door without having had that creme brulee tart in my life. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment