Saturday, 26 April 2014

Sliders on Rundle Visit Two


The day I got back from Melbourne I was soooo exhausted! I had planned to cook at home, head to the Crossfit gym do the WOD then crash, but I literally didn't have the energy! So instead I headed out for dinner with a friend. It was quite late when I decided this, so there weren't a heap of options and we were both unsure what we 'felt' like so Sliders on Rundle it was! As mentioned in my last review this place has such a huuuggge menu you would be hard pressed not to find something to eat here. It was pretty quiet,  with maybe three other people eating at the restaurant. A few came and got take away while we were there but other than that it was pretty much us (Monday night in town this isn't too unusual). We were told we could take our pick of seats, so we chose a back corner booth and proceeded to ponder the menu and chat about my trip :) When we had made up our minds (I was torn...still not sure what I was feeling like) we placed our order at the counter and given our drinks to bring back to the table.


Food arrived maybe ten-fifteen minutes later and was all really hot and 'fresh'. I was impressed with this, as at restaurant that primarily serves pastas etc. a five minute wait and luke warm can often be a fall back on a quiet night. I ordered the Pollo risotto (chicken, roast pumpkin, spinach and chili in a white wine sauce), it was a really generous serve, with plenty of all the ingredients (no skimping here!) The rice was well cooked, still a slight bite but not hard, not over cooked or soggy. The sauce was thick and coated the rice well and there was plenty of cheese right throughout the dish (if you are not a cheese fan I'd maybe pass on this one) The chicken was tender, juicy and in nice sized chucks and the pumpkin was perfect! Often pumpkin in risottos is soft and mushy but here they managed to have it at the just right point of 'al dente'. A great flavour balance, subtle chilli hit and well seasoned, overall a really filling fantastic value for money meal!


My friend ordered the sliders trio with the crinkle fries (little sad...the curly fries here are awesome!) These were well presented, in the 'in' way... a wooden board and in a basket. The sliders were a good size, and each one had a shiny glossy bun that was toasted just right. The sliders were a continental pork pattie, tomato, cheese, lettuce & tomato mustard sauce, a marinated grilled chicken, bacon, American cheese, lettuce & sweet chili aioli and a wagyu mince, tomato, bacon, American cheese, lettuce & smokey BBQ aioli. All three were great, with good amount of fillings, great flavour combinations and juicy tender meat. For me the standout was the pork, the patty was delicious with a great robust flavour whilst my friend loved the chicken. The bacon was also cooked consistently well with minimal fat. Fries were great, golden, crunchy and fluffy with no excess oil.


Another great value for money meal at Sliders. Again, I'd highly recommend this place if you need to feed a large group or just want a really great range of choice. The service was quick, efficient and friendly and the venue itself is spacious and modern. I'll definitely be back...the desserts here are still calling my name!

Sliders On Rundle on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment