Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Charmer's Cupcakery and Tea House


Charmer's Cupcakery and Tea House was recommended to me by a few different people for amazing cupcakes, so last weekend I headed down to give them a try. The venue was great, very cute and homely, the perfect feel for breakfasts, brunches or evening dates.



The shop stocks the range of T-Bar teas and me and my friend shared a pot of Prince of Wales (one of my favourite morning teas) The chinaware was super cute and the tea was served with mini dark chocolates which was a nice addition.


My friend ordered the eggs benedict and said the hollandaise was great and eggs perfectly cooked. It was a good sized served and is available in a half size for those with smaller appetites. The meal really felt home cooked and fresh.


I had the Champions breakfast, this is usually served with eggs as you like, bacon, sausage, tomato, mushroom, spinach, baked beans, hash brown and toast for $19.90. As per my usual breakfast order I asked for no toast, no beans and no hash brown and the lady happily changed the order without hestiation. Fantastic service! (they also threw on some extra food to make up for the subtractions). This paleo friendly breakfast was delicious. Perfectly gooey poached eggs, nothing overly greasy, freshly cooked and again that real home cooked breakfast feel. Possibly the best breakfast I have had in a  restaurant for  while, with the service and willingness to accommodate requests just making the experience that much better :)



On to the cake! There was a huge range of tempting looking cakes, slices, tarts and pies in the cabinet but only two cupcake flavours available the morning we were there. We chose to share the raspberry vanilla cupcake as we were pretty full after breakfast. Don't be deceived by this seemingly everyday cupcake it was 'the amazing'. The icing was moreish, the cake that perfect combination between dense and fluffy and filled with a super tasty raspberry jam. A fantastic cupcake, I only wish they had more flavours to try (suppose it just means I'll have to pay them another visit ;) )


I will definitely be having breakfast at Charmers again, great venue, great service, great food... how can you go wrong?

Charmer's Cupcakery and Tea House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment