With the gorgeous weather Adelaide had last week me and husband decided to head down to Henley Square for a late night dessert date. It appeared a decent amount of Adelaide's population had the same idea because the square was packed, all the restaurants were full and the place was buzzing. We headed into Copenhagen as they had outdoor seating free, grabbed a menu and sat down to make our choices. For drinks hubby chose a small iced coffee, he said it was nice, with a good ice-cream-coffee balance but they did forget the whipped cream he asked for (forgivable I think given the line for takeaway ice-cream was coming out onto the street!) I ordered my usual tea (teadrop chamomile on this occasion), both drinks were presented on wooden boards and came with a small shortbread biscuit like at the Brighton store.
For dessert we started by sharing the Fondue Royal. This had melted milk chocolate, a small mug of melted white chocolate, warmed waffle and brownie pieces and strawberries. Both chocolates were smooth and silky and heated so they weren't runny or clumpy. I really enjoyed having the mix of the two chocolates which isn't available at many other places that serve fondue. The white chocolate with the brownie was especially delicious. The warmed waffle was great, soft and fluffy on the inside and slightly crunchy on the outside, I'd suspect they use the same supplier as the Brighton Copenhagen because these were just as good as the waffle I had there a few months back. They were also REALLY generous with the melted milk chocolate...me and hubby were eating it with a spoon to finish it off.
Still hungry we decided to share three scoops of ice-cream (I mean it was warmish, and we were at a cafe that specialises in ice-cream ;) ) We opted for the Ferrero Rocher, the cookies and cream and the scorched almond and Baileys with a decent serving of whipped cream, nuts and sprinkles. Ferrero Rocher/Nutella have always been my favourite flavours at Copenhagen however I have to say the cookies and cream blew it away. The cookie pieces were super chunky and the ice-cream just seemed more creamy then the Ferrero Rocher which seemed to lack its usual chocolaty richness. The scorched almond and Baileys was also enjoyed that little bit more with a clear but not overpowering Baileys taste and crunchy almond pieces. As usual the whipped cream was amazing, I'm not a huge whipped cream person but Copenhagen's is something special. Copenhagen serve quality ice-cream and I don't think I've ever had a bad experience at any of the stores, they are certainly a summer time favourite of mine.





No comments:
Post a Comment