The Curious Squire has been near the top of my 'to try' list for a while and when an opportunity arose to catch up with a friend on a Tuesday night this place was chosen for pre movie dinner and dessert. Tuesday's at the Squire means bottomless fries and soft drinks with any burger purchase, and both friend and hubby were excited about this offer. It's pretty good value given most of the burgers are under $20.
We started off ordering drinks, I opted for the usual lime soda bitters, my friend chose a lychee flavoured cocktail which he said was amazingly refreshing and hubby went with the beer tasting paddle. The paddle cost $15 and had 6 small glasses of various James Squire beers. Hubby enjoyed the darkest one the most and said it was a good way to try out a range of beer he wouldn't normally order.
For food we all ordered burgers (I mean it was burger + unlimited fries and soft drink night). My friend went with a classic cheeseburger and it certainly impressed him. However it was the ability to order an extra 4 buckets of fries that impressed him even more. Notably the staff were great about us ordering extra fries and were all super friendly and accommodating. The chirpy, friendly attitude of everyone we interacted with from the staff really contributed to the atmosphere of this place feeling fresh, modern and youthful.
I went with the roast lamb burger. I haven't eaten a burger with a bun in over a year so I had high expectations. I assumed I would be getting your typical ground meat patty however what I received was 1000X better. Thick, tender juicy sliced lamb with lashings of amazing Dijon and perfectly gooey melted cheese. The bun was super soft and slightly sweet and the overall burger was messy in that oh my god this is so disgustingly tasty kind of way. I could have eaten two of these quite easily. The fries were also nice, not oily and with a good crunch to them.
Hubby ordered the sliders trio which had a mini version of the Angus Burger, The Chicken Parmigiana Burger and the Boar burger. Out of the three I loved the boar burger, it had a great chutney that provided a sweet contrast to the juicy patty. Hubby's favourite however was the parmigiana which he said had a well balanced tomato sauce and a generous amount of cheese. The chicken was crispy and not oily at all. Again the buns were soft and everything was fresh with interesting flavour combinations.
To end the night we ordered a nutella pizza to share, I ordered two extra scoops of ice-cream as I had seen online it was only served with one and knew we would need the ice-cream to cut through the chocolate overload. This dessert was heavenly. The pizza base was slightly crispy but still soft, there was just the right of amount of nutella for it to not be sickening and the strawberries and mint cut through the intensiveness of the hazelnut/chocolaty base. We all agreed though that the best part of this dessert was the cooked to perfection marshmallows, seriously these marshmallows looked like they would be hard/cold but they were toasted just right! Crispy on the outside and super gooey and soft on the inside. They were delicious smeared over the chocolate with the ice-cream!
I really enjoyed our night at the Curious Squire, so much so that I plan on having my birthday party there in October. The food was delicious, the staff super nice and the venue was modern and funky. The deck area outside looked stunning and I foresee it becoming a regular summer haunt for me. They have just released a new menu with some delicious looking additions (hubby is pretty keen on trying out the deep fried lamingtons). If your looking for somewhere casual, modern, good value for money and with great food and service I'd highly recommend trying the Curious Squire (just make sure you leave room for dessert!)







No comments:
Post a Comment