Tuesday, 31 December 2013

By Blackbird Fruit Mince Pies

So the 18th of December arrived and I was excitedly able to go and pick up my order of fruit mince pies from By Blackbird for me and hubby as well as my grandparents. 


I have been desperately waiting to try these award winning mince pies (First place at the Royal Adelaide Show 2013) since I ordered them and experienced By Blackbird's French pastry perfection on my last visit (here). These mince pies certainly deserved that award, they were the best fruit mince pie I have had in Australia. The pastry was buttery and melted away in your mouth, the fruit mince was perfectly spiced, thick and gooey with chunky fruit pieces. These were so moresish, of such high quality, beautifully presented yet homely and comforting at the same time.  My granddad loved them just as much as I did, whilst my nan who isn't a big 'sweets' person said the pastry was amazing.


I was also gifted these gorgeous gingerbread cookies, which was not only very sweet of the owners/chef at By Blackbird but they were seriously delicious as well. They were so old style, a real 'gingery' type of ginger bread with a crisp exterior and a soft, fluffy inside that had just the right amount chewiness. Hubby even commented just how great these were and he isn't a ginger fan.


I cannot rave about By Blackbird enough, I've been telling anyone who will listen to go and try their pastries. This place really knows how to do traditional, quality and delicious sweet treats, the service is top notch and they are certainly one of my new favourite places to eat in Adelaide.

By Blackbird on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment